A Magazine Publisher’s Secret: When most magazines talk about distribution, they are talking about the number of copies they legally put into the hands of others without being sued. Others spend lavishly on marketing that focuses on “exposure.” But what a lot of magazine brands refuse to talk about is INFLUENCE.
Does it really matter how many eyes see your picture, book, or brand if they do not want your services or will never read far enough to learn more? That is the equivalent of placing your information in a porn magazine: many eyes might see the magazine, but they are not “reading it nor the content!” I could elaborate but I think you get my point.
As a former magazine managing editor for multiple outlets, one of my cringe-worthy memories were authors who paid to be in these magazines without question. They never questioned the magazine’s “distribution/circulation” or “target audience.” The few that did, accepted the answer of “this is a newer magazine…” (Red flags meaning they don’t have a strategy other than to take your money to fund their magazine.) If you want bragging rights only, I guess it’s cool to say you were in their magazine. But if you want to translate a magazine feature into dollars and sales, it will take a lot more than a feature in those types of magazines. So let me tell you the more Published! Magazine™ offers especially for authors:
Every issue is sent to:
- National TV Producers, Executives, and Media Brands that our founder and Editor-in-Chief, Alesha Brown, has nurtured through her company, Fruition Publishing Concierge Services®, and has presented several authors as experts in their fields.
- The top Independent Bookstores in the U.S. who look for expert authors and their upcoming book launches, relaunches, and events.
- The top Book Buyers at Barnes & Noble
So the real question is are you an author, or brand that serves authors, that is ready for INFLUENCE?
- What would it mean for your brand to be featured in the NATIONAL media?
- How do you think prospects would respond to you differently?
- How do you think it would AFFECT how you’re currently trying to “open doors?”
- How do you think YOUR LOCAL MARKET would respond when they see you in a national outlet?
There is only one way to know and it starts with your submission today for our next issue. The only thing that is waiting is your Yes and you taking action with your submission today.
-Alesha Brown, Editor-in-Chief
Published! Magazine, courtesy of Fruition Publishing Concierge Services®