But God: From Death to Life
But God: From Death to Life is Author Alesha Brown’s poetic tale of childhood abuse and struggle of survival thereafter. Through this literary journey you will draw strength, inspiration and passion as you see how God transitioned her from praying to die to endless joy and thriving.
Why does this matter?
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2013 suicide was the 10th leading cause of death for Americans.
- In the U.S., in 2013, someone died of suicide every 12.8 minutes [courtesy of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention–www.afsp.org].
Amongst youth the 2013 statistics for suicide are even more staggering [courtesy of The Jason Foundation Inc.– jasonfoundation.com]:
- Suicide is the SECOND leading cause of death for ages 10-24
- Suicide is the SECOND leading cause of death for college-age youth and ages 12-18
- More teenagers and young adults die from suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia, influenza, and chronic lung disease, COMBINED.
- Each day in our nation there are an average of over 5,400 attempts by young people grades 7-12.
“No one but God can take a person who once prayed to die and push them to the forefront to inspire others to break the chains and LIVE!”